Thread: Access Command line in MAC

Access Command line in MAC

Hi,
    I have a MAC Desktop System. I had installed Windows in a different partition. After installing the bootcamp how can I start any of the one operating system. Does is normally starts automatically. Second thing how can I define a default operating system. Like if I want only MAC to boot directly then how can I set that. And what is the way to view logs which are created by different applications in the MAC system. Also show me the way to access command line. Thanks in advance.

Re: Access Command line in MAC

At boot mac press the ALT. Here you can see the MAC icon displayed in the the two partitions. The partition which has MAC in it shows the apple icon. Then click on the arrow that corresponds to the desired system. This function is used when you have a MacOS on an external hard drive (or another Mac connected via Firewire, which is started in mode Target) and want to start this system.

To define a system which boots directly you will have to edit the preference settings in MAC. This settings has the records of different partitions in your Drive. Choosing the desired partition will enable to boot in a single operating system. Run the operating system and then go to Preferences. Then go to Startup. After that choose your desired partition. Obviously you will choose the partition in which MAC is installed. Then reboot it to check that the settings have worked.

There is a small application called Console (. App). This is a visual log file in cocoa. It lists all the log files in the directory provided by default. You can see that in Console for the list of application installed in MAC OS X. You can also access command line to work on multiple functions. To do so go to Applications > Terminal (. App). The terminal allows you to use multiple options. It is the command prompt type tool of MAC.