Thread: Trojan in Laptop

Trojan in Laptop

Hi
    I installed Kaspersky Total Security, for first few days it was working fine. but for last few days when I start my laptop I get a messages saying " found the trojan 0008d3ac2" file not found. Also some times I get a message saying found the trojan 0001140e2" file not found. When I insert my pen driver, it shows a autorun.inf. Even when I format my pen drive the file is still there. And I more problem is that , after formatting the pen driver the used space shows 2mb and 4mb free. I know there is a trojan in my laptop, so please guide me how to remove this trojan from my laptop. It will be appreciated if some one help me solve this problem.

Re: Trojan in Laptop

Hi
    I think you can definitely trust on Kespersky, there is no problem with kespersky. Do one thing, boot in the Safe Mode and then scan the computer with a complete scan mode. Do not forget to scan your pen driver at the same time. I think you are formatting your pen drive using FAT32 file system, is that right? because it takes some space for the file allocation table. I think this will solve your problem. The Kespersky will surely remove the viruses from your computer.

Hi
    I have never seen or heard about such viruses. Can you support your post through snap shoots of the viruses (messages you are getting). I think you should check for the unkown entries in the star up, if any then please delete the entries. you can perfectly to this job by CCleaner. About the pen drive, you should use an linux based live CD, and then insert the pen drive and delete the autorun.inf file from there. This will permanently delete the file. If your USB manufacturer provides a Online Repair Tool, then repair your pen drive using that tool. If any problem then do post back.

Thanks friends
    Your suggestions were appreciated. I scanned the pen drive with Kaspersky on my desktop, It detected Net 32 .kido worm. I deleted the file and now the pen drive is working fine. Even I scanned my laptop in the safe mode and from then things are fine. But I do not know whether it has removed the virus from my laptop. But for time being I am not getting the message. Thanks to all.

Candise Guest

Have you tried starting in safe mode, then reinstalling antivirus software and running a scan?