Thread: Cannot uninstall trial Expression Web 3

Cannot uninstall trial Expression Web 3

I have Windows 7. I downloaded the trial of Expression Web 3 and then decided to purchase. I have the upgrade version but after uninstalling and reinstalling, it still thinks I have the trial version and is still counting down. It will not accept the Product Key. I have tried Windows Install Cleanup but with no change.

Re: Cannot uninstall trial Expression Web 3

The trial version of Expression Web 3, is not compactable with windows 7, the files are located at C:\program files (x86) Or you can remove it using windows explorer, browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine. Right click on OSE.EXE and rename it to something like zzOSE.EXE, then try to install purchase version of Expression Web 3.

Thanks for the help. The fix turns out to be to disable the User Account Control on Windows 7. Once that's done, it accepts the new Product Key.

There is no need to uninstall the trial version of Expression Web 3. You just have to enter the product key which will automatically delete the time limit and activate your Expression Web 3.

You are westing your time by un-installing and installing Expression Web 3.Trial Expression Web 3 is actually the full version only some of features are make lock or disable.you just to activate the trial version using product key.Just try following process and you have full version of Expression Web 3
    Open Control Panel->Open Add and Remove programs->Select EW and choose Change->There is an option where you convert or add the new product key. Simple.

To remove trial Expression web3, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine. Locate the OSE.EXE and rename it like prwOSE.EXE and run uninstall process. You can use unlocker program to delete the program files then registry clean up to delete values present in a registry.