Thread: Opera 10 turbo changing my IP

Opera 10 turbo changing my IP

Hello friends. I have some problem. I use Opera 10 and Firefox browsers. When i use Opera 10 my ip is shown proper, but Opera 10 turbo changing my IP address. What is wrong with Opera 10? Can anyone help me? Thanks...

Re: Opera 10 turbo changing my IP

The Opera 10 Turbo connects your computer to another computer and fetches the data from the connected computer which is why the fetching is faster. This is why your IP address is changed. I am not sure if that is really the case, the IP should not matter. I will try it myself and see what happens...

I have tested it and it changes the IP address only when in turbo mode. What is did for testing was, i opened Opera in normal mode and visited this site: whatismyip.com. It showed me my original IP Address, Now i triggered the turbo mode and refreshed the same page and my ip address changed. I opened many sites and surfed for a while and my ip still stays the changed one. Now as soon as i turn off the turbo mode i get my original ip. What is the idea of changing ip? I could not understand. Please help... Curious n00b...

Well, this may be because, to fetch data faster, when you switch to Turbo Mode, your computer gets tunneled and linked to the server directly and hence you get an ip which comes in the same network that the server exists on, This is what i think. Similar techniques are used in VPN and hence tunneling protocols are used...

Ok, I can understand a bit, This is similar to the VPN techniques. That means i get directly connected to the server with this virtual IP and hence the data need not travel a long way and this makes it faster? So this is similar somewhat like using Hamachi and Team Viewer. Please correct me if i'm wrong... Thanks!