Thread: How to use Orca MSI Editor program on Windows Vista

How to use Orca MSI Editor program on Windows Vista

I'm running Windows Vista as my operating system. Recently i had downloaded Orca MSI Editor program on my system. i would like to know that how to use Orca MSI Editor program on Windows Vista? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct way in order to use Orca MSI Editor program on my machine. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to use Orca MSI Editor program on Windows Vista

You can use the free Orca MSI editor to configure the installer. Edit the properties of any MSI. Change the title, and text within the installer. It is provided as an Orca.msi file. After installing the Windows SDK Components for Windows Installer Developers, double click Orca.msi to install the Orca.exe file. Enables you to right click any MSI and open with Orca.

First of all you need to load your msi in Orca on your system, then need to click on Transform and then click on New Transform. Then you need to go to the Property table and look for a property named "AgreeToLicense" or something similar. Change the value from "no" to "yes". Doing this will change the default value, it will not make the dialog go away. Then you nee to click on Transform and then need to select Generate Transform. Now utilize the generated mst with your msi and as long as you found the correct property the EULA will be accepted. You can execute the msi with a /quite or /qb /qn switch depending on what (if anything) you do want to be displayed.

Due to limitations in the existing Windows Installer tools, you may need to edit the Windows Installer package (.msi) files directly. For more details you can check out the following link. Editing an MSI file can cause serious problems that may leave your system in an unstable state. There is an alternative program called InstEd which essentially has the same functionality, with a few extras like tabs, change hightlighting, better validation, and more.