Thread: Optical Drive Emulator for Windows Vista

Optical Drive Emulator for Windows Vista

Hi,
    I was using Daemon Tool in Windows XP as a CD ROM Emulator. But it seems that most of the optical drive emulator does not work in Windows Vista. So according to you which one is the best suited for the Vista. In future if I upgrade my system then might I cannot use this. Also I need solutions for how to correct the Java issues with Aero. Can burn a disc in Vista if there is not third party burner like Nero installed. And also post some interesting thing which I can use in Windows Vista. Thanks in advance.

Re: Optical Drive Emulator for Windows Vista

It seems that there are many emulators for optical drives like Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, etc. But it is possible that this might do not work on Windows Vista. This also is due to the new protection system and the new format drivers. I have heard that you can use MagicISO which seems to work properly if you have the latest build. The tool is free to use. The only way to figure out is by testing it.

There are some graphics applications that are not made to run under Vista and their execution results in disabling the Aero style. But there is a way to fix it. You will need to install the JRE 6. It is available for free download. The same can be downloaded from the official site. And other thing you can use is save your search parameters. When you search, a button Save Search appears. It allows you to save your search parameters. So the next time, this research will be present when you open the Search bar and just click on it to boost your search.

There is a inbuilt CD burning option available in Windows Vista. The solution is extremely simple. On your disk, browse your folders, select the files you want to burn. Then you can see a option in the Explore at the top bar. The option allows you to burn data on the disc. You can click on burn botton and follow the wizard. In the same way you can create audio disc also by using Windows Media player.