Thread: System hangs on Detecting IDE Drives

System hangs on Detecting IDE Drives

I am using HP desktop. I have problem regarding booting . When my system detect a hard disk, system hangs. I have 80 GB SATA hard disk and CD drive. System detect the hard disk but can not perform further process. I try to start my PC in a safe mode, but it doesn't work. Please tell me is there any problem in a hard disk or OS? Can you suggest something to correct my problem?

Re: System hangs on Detecting IDE Drives

I am using assembled PC having 3.06 processor and 80 GB SATA hard disk. I was facing the same problem because I was set the hard disk and CD drive as a master. So make changes in jumper. Make hard disk as slave and CD drive as slave. This setting help you when you start the system, each time system checks that bootable CD is present in a CD drive or not. After that it start loading XP from hard disk. I thing this will help you

First check that your hard disk is working or not. You can check your hard disk by connecting it to others system. If your hard disk is not working then you have to change your hard disk. If your hard disk is working there then you have to check your data cable. If there is problem in a data cable, your system can not be load. So check your connection as well as jumper setting.

I am using Dell laptop and Windows XP installed in it. I thing you should have problem related to your Windows XP. When your system detects a hard disk, then next step would be loading of Operating System. If there is a problem in a OS then OS can not be load and your system fail to respond. So my suggestion would be install a new copy of Windows XP. It should help you.