Thread: Audacity not working in Windows XP

Audacity not working in Windows XP

Hi,
    I had download Audacity from the internet last week. I the tool is giving multiple issue. I suspicious about the set up file. I think the file is damaged. Because after installation I got some errors. I am trying to record a audio form Line In but nothing is working. I also want to split some large audios. How to do that. Anyone can provide me a link of Audacity of a MAC pc. I have a MAC laptop so I hope that it can work in it.

Re: Audacity not working in Windowx XP

You not able to record the sound in Line in because your speaker does not play from there. Only thing you can do is to buy a male to male stereo jack. Plug that in Speaker and the second one to the Line in jack. Now whatever will be played in the speaker Audacity will record it automatically. Just ensure one thing that the mute button is not selected in volume properties section.

The MAC version of Audacity is available on the Audacity site. The file format is .dmg. Go to the site and first download the .dmg extension. Download the file and then inside application folder create a new folder and name it Audacity. Then copy the file in that folder and double click on that. Now drag the entire content into the Audacity folder and double click on the Audacity.app to run the application.

Try this solution if you want to split a long audio file. First open the file in Audacity. Then place the cursor at the start of song. Now click on Project menu and select Add label at selection. Repeat the same for each audio. Then when you are finish go to File and click on Export Multiple. As you click on Export button then Audacity will export the file to the desired location.

Re: Audacity not working in Windows XP

i have a digitech record player (audacity owned) that connects to computer via usb, it kept saying that the driver wasnt installed properly, so i un-installed and re-installed, reset computer, UNPLUGGED computer, that changed the usb from not being installed properly to CODE 10??? how do i get it to recognize it please!~!