Thread: Create report of performance and conflict in Vista

Create report of performance and conflict in Vista

Hi,
    Does anyone how to generate a report of performance and conflict in Windows Vista. I am testing some software's in my system. Some are working great but some are crashing. This also hampers my systems performance. I need some solutions for generating a report and also how to analyze memory under Windows Vista. Second thing about Windows Vista's sidebar. Can I put any essential gadget related to graphic or programming on it. Thank in advance.

Re: How to report of performance and conflict in Vista

If you ever suspect a memory problem under Windows Vista, you can use some third party software to checkout the matter. For this you can use a dedicated software like Memtest or else use the tool Memory Diagnostics. They are available for free download and works better under Windows Vista. Gadget is a ZIP file with an changed extension. A gadget is composed an XML file containing information for description, a javascript file containing features, and later, all resources (images, text, etc.).

There is a tool in Vista well hidden that can have all the necessary information about your system's hardware as well as software, which lists all information and also the problems of the system (drivers, problems found, configuration issues, security, etc.). Moreover, it is possible to generate this report and export it to HTML to place it on a forum to seek help. To run this tool, go to Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Information and Performance Tools. On the left side, click Advanced tools then click Create a report on the health system. Wait one or two minutes that the report is created and then take advantage of the information herein.

The sidebar uses part of the rendering engine of Internet Explorer, which allows it to display content from web. This includes the xml, html, but also the Flash or ActiveX. The sidebar is a toolbar that something special is on the desktop. Located by default on the right, it allows the user to drag a certain number of elements to be called Gadgets. These gadgets are small functions that are added according to his need. These gadgets can be a clock, an RSS aggregation, a photo slideshow, play Sudoku and many other things.