Thread: How to upgrade to Entourage 2008 for Mac Web Services Edition

How to upgrade to Entourage 2008 for Mac Web Services Edition

HI,, i am a MAC OS X user. Presently i am using Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac on my system. Few minutes ago i found the following news here Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition. Well thanks for the news. Now, i want to update my entourage to this one and hope it can be upgraded easily. So i wanted you guys to please make me know how to upgrade to Entourage 2008 for Mac Web Services Edition ? Help appreciated...

Re: How to upgrade to Entourage 2008 for Mac Web Services Edition

The following list details prerequisites for installing Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition:-

• Microsoft Exchange Server must be running Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1.

• You must also have a valid e-mail address. The Autodiscover service uses the e-mail address to automatically configure the user profile on Exchange Server.

• During the installation process, a user's Entourage 2008 identity is not imported or upgraded automatically for use with Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition. The user must import the identity from the existing identity. The imported identities work only if the Exchange Server accounts in the user's Entourage 2008 identity are running Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1

• The data that is imported includes settings for Exchange, IMAP, and Windows Live Hotmail accounts. Data from the Exchange Server synchronizes after Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition, connects to the Exchange Server. Data from the IMAP and Windows Live Hotmail servers synchronizes after Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition, connects to the respective IMAP and Windows Live Hotmail servers.

Here is how to upgrade to Entourage 2008 for Mac Web Services Edition, just follow these simple few steps:-

• Mount the Office2008_with_Entourage_Web_Services.dmg disk image.
    • To start the installation process, double-click the Microsoft Office Installer package file.
    • Follow the steps to complete the installation.

Before upgrading to this, also make sure that your system meets the minimum system required for Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition:-

• Processor: Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (500 MHz or faster)
    • Memory: At least 512 MB of RAM
    • Mac OS X v10.4.9 or a later version
    • Hard disk: 1.5 GB of available hard disk space; Hierarchical File System (HFS)+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus)
    • Microsoft Exchange Server: Connectivity to Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 or a later version.

For more info, just click on this link : How to install MS Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition on Mac

Hey mate,, thanks for sharing this useful info.. As a MAc user i'll also like to go with this. But before that, i request you guys to please make me know its important features and whats new in this download.. I appreciate all your help...

Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition, offers several improvements. These include notes, tasks, and categories synchronization, logging, and calendar improvements. The following paragraphs discuss the new and improved features that are added when you install this latest version of Entourage.

Users can synchronize their notes, tasks, and categories with Microsoft Exchange Server. For example, when a user adds tasks in Entourage, the task list is synchronized with Exchange Server. Then the user can view those tasks from any Exchange Server client application: Entourage, Microsoft Office Outlook, or Outlook Web Access Premium. Also, categories are synchronized with Exchange Server and are compatible with Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.

It also supports Autodiscover service that was introduced in Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Service Pack 1 (12.1.0) to configure a user's Exchange account settings automatically. In Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition, the Autodiscover service keeps user account settings up-to-date after the account setup.