Thread: Which one to use? Winzip or WinRar

Which one to use? Winzip or WinRar

I have to compress too many important files of mine, for that purpose i need a good software that should compress my file perfectly in less time. I have a confusion in selecting a proper software, can anyone tell me Which one to use? Winzip or WinRar for compressing the file. Please send me some helpful suggestions.

Re: Which one to use? Winzip or WinRar

What you can do is go for both of them see how it works and then you only decide which one is the better one, like i did. I was using Winzip before, but it doesn't always allow you to open what you want it to perform. But now i use WinRar because it is easier to understand and i think its better, because it can open more file types. Both works fine but WinRar has the better advantage.
    Last edited by ThoMas321; 14-11-2009 at 11:59 AM.

WinZip and WinRar both are very popular decompression utility, but WinRar supports for many formats than the Winzip. WinZip is a powerful and easy-to-use tool that quickly zips and unzips your files whereas, WinRAR is a powerful archive manager that backup your data and reduce size of email attachments, decompress rar files, zip files and create new archives in rar and zip file format. I suggest you to go for WinRar.

WinZip requirement is built into many operating systems. WinRar is full-featured, powerful. WinRar supports creating and extracting ZIP archives which helps in producing smaller archives in same time. WinZip does not support the solid archives, to exploit intra-file redundancies but WinRar do.. So if we tally the advantages of Winzip and Winrar, i guess, we will get the result in favour of WinRar, so forget all your confusion and become a fan of WinRar. Goodluck!!!