Thread: converting outlook information into Access format

converting outlook information into Access format

Hello to all friends
    I am using outlook 2007 for saving contact information.I think it is simple and easy to use and it save lot my time. I want to do some work on that contact that save in outlook but am unable to do that , I know that in Microsoft access we can do more formatting on these type data.So I need to convert my outlook data into access and do some work on that again move into outlook.I don't know how to do this process so please any one have idea regarding this help me out.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: converting outlook information into Access format

Good day,
    Yes you can convert your outlook information into access ,and vice versa.
    Yes can easily convert outlook contacts into Access format and do formatting and again import into outlook.You can easily link to your Outlook information in an Access database, enabling you formatting your outlook information in an Access database.By this way your access database is kept up to date with any changes made to Outlook information, and if you made any changes in access database then similar changes also happened in outlook.
    What you need to do follow the following procedure:
    *First up all open your Access and create new database or if you already have one then just open it.
    Click on File Menu->select Get External Data->click Import.Again
    Click on File Menu->Select Get External Data->click Link tables.
    Don't forget that any changes made in outlook are also automatically made in access and vice versa.
    *In the Import dialog window, in the Files of Type list, click on Outlook.
    *In the Import Exchange/Outlook Window, select the folder contains the contacts that you want, and then click Next. Expand the top mailbox folder.and Select the folder that contains the contacts that you want to export.When you complete the above process, the Outlook information is placed into an Access table.
    I hope this will help you.
    Last edited by Raine; 13-11-2009 at 07:14 PM.

Re: converting outlook information into Access format

Hello guys,
    You are asking right question you can convert your outlook information into access format and do work on it and again convert it into outlook. I have posted following procedure to export outlook contacts into access.
    First go through this procedure then follow same in your computer.

Open Outlook ->Click on File menu-> click on Import and Export submenu . Now the Import and Export window will open,select Export to a file and click Next. Select Microsoft Access , then Click on Next button. Select the Contacts folder and click Next.In the resulting dialog box, enter a path and name for the exported file (e.g., "D:\arun\new\Contacts.mda"). then Click on Next button.In the resulting dialog box, under "The following actions will be performed:", select the checkbox next to the listed item and Click Finish. Outlook will create a new file containing your contacts in access format .
    Try this one it will help you do your work very fast and smooth.