Thread: new in the oracle field

new in the oracle field

I have heard much about oracle and i have decided to make a career in oracle field. So can anyone here advise me to how and where to start, as i am absolutely new in the oracle field and also how to proceed with?

Re: new in the oracle field

It's good that you have decided to make a career in Oracle field, this shows your interest for the field. As per my knowledge the very first thing about oracle you have to know is the basic of ORACLE, just like SQL and PL/SQL procedures. You have to be hands-on for writing Package, Procedure, Triggers etc. After geting knowledge about all these procedure, you decide in which track of ORACLE you want to go. DBA, Developer, Dataware Housing etc, are some of the tracks in oracle.

One thing i would like to say, first collect some information about oracle, try to have basic knowledge of ORACLE by reading some manuals or by visiting websites related to oracle. See how ORACLE works, once you get the basic knowledge of oracle go for its tracks and complete your Oracle certifications. Don't prepare for the exam if you don't have knowledge. You can start learning Oracle by reading manuals from here.

Well, i don't have enough information for you but, the Oracle Corporation has a lot of products which are quite diverse and separate. Just getting an Oracle Certification is unlikely in itself to get you a job,it will need to be combined with appropriate experience and background. I think you should try to incrementally build from experience and background you have. If your are totally unfamiliar with the SQL, PL/SQL language then that is a good place to start with. You can try some online tutorials at to begin with.