Thread: Need your help regarding antivirus software for Home PC

Need your help regarding antivirus software for Home PC

Two days before i owned a Computer, and now i want to install Antivirus on my computer. I don't have an internet connection too. So i Need your help regarding antivirus software for Home PC, can any one please suggest me any Antivirus that could be suitable for my PC and also that does not slow down my computer and also it should find the virus / threats.. Help me.

Re: Need your help regarding antivirus software for Home PC

There are many antivirus softwares available in market like Norton, AVG, MCafee etc. But according to me AVG works good, and also it is one of the better ones. There's also Kaspersky and Avira. I don't use Kaspersky because with Kaspersky when i remotely controls a computer , i can't click on any of the menu options. Though I have never used Avira before, but I have heard few good things about Avira. The one which i use on my computer is AVG Internet Security.You will not get the Internet Security for free, you just need to get the free version of that.

You can go for any of the antivirus softwares, but remember one thing: once you have installed an antivirus program then you need to have the necessary updates applied for up-to-date protection. Generally, there are new viruses or threats that come out all the time. Due to this, companies put out new updates to help protect against new infections. If you have updated your antivirus software then your computer will be protected against the infections and if you have not updated, you will be protected against older infections, but not newer ones. A huge number of companies do provide a standalone installers for updates. You just need to download the update files. If you dont have internet connection download that file from another computer, copy the files to some form of storage device, then bring it to the computer and install it.

I was a big fan of AVG before AVG version8.0 came to the market. After using this version(8.0), i can say that it is the worst thing ever made. So dont go for the latest versions of AVG as it slow down the computer. If you dont have any option other than AVG then download the older versions of AVG. If you dont want AVG then you may also look at Avast as an alternative, it did not slow down the system.