Thread: Convert image in to mbm file

Convert image in to mbm file

Can anyone tell me the free software or tool to convert image in to mbm file format. I have nokia e66 and i want to convert some of the images from my phone in to mbm file. Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Convert image in to mbm file

MBM is shortened from MultiBitMap which, as the name suggests, is a container for a set of bitmap images. MBM files are used by most Symbian applications to store their graphical content. MBM files can be created with the BMCONV tool which is supplied with any Symbian (and EPOC) SDK.

Bitmap image format that can store several bitmap (.BMP) images in a single file; symbian OS uses a special multi-bitmap format for its bitmaps. It contains one or more bitmaps that are compiled into a .mbm file, which in turn is used by the application. It is used on mobile devices that run the Symbian OS; may store wallpapers, startup images, or pictures used by Symbian applications; can be opened with the Symbian OS Images program on mobile devices.

bmconv.exe has an option to output 24-bit mbm's as well. They are viewable with the default picture viewer.BMCONV.EXE is a console program that has to be run from a command line (DOS box). To make things easier, copy the BMCONV.EXE program and your pictures to the same folder - this way you won't have to write full path for every picture in your command line.