Thread: Activate Windows Presentation Foundation engine

Activate Windows Presentation Foundation engine

Hi,
    What type of Nvidia Drivers supports Windows Vista. The same question lies for ATI also. I have a Windows XP machine with two graphic card. If I install vista then I believe that my system's performance will be hampered. Vista is full of graphic and other supports. The one is Windows Aero which is the 3D desktop. I also want to know the requirement for it. I do not want Vista to engage a big amount of my system resource. Second thing how can I activate Windows Presentation Foundation engine. Thanks in advance.

Re: Activate Windows Presentation Foundation engine

Normally, all graphics cards may be it belongs to Nvidia or ATI with a minimum of psu support can run Windows Vista. For others, NVIDIA has released drivers Forceware to enable certain graphics cards to work properly on Windows Vista. The latest drivers can be downloaded from the official site. It is necessary that you system must first meet the hardware requirement of the GPU.

If Aero will work on almost all the new configurations, it will be harder to get on earlier. 128MB RAM graphics card compatible with AGP 4x (or higher) operating systems valid for DirectX 9 graphics with a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768 color 32bit. The Windows Aero theme is the Aero theme with all the 3D effects and transparency. This is only available if your graphics configuration allows and it is the theme that windows takes more system resources. It may then be interesting to change your theme with a second Aero theme with a bit less graphic effects and therefore lighter. To quickly change the subject, simultaneously click Ctrl + Shift + F9. Press again on these buttons to call the first theme.

Windows Presentation Foundation (code-named Avalon) is the new graphics engine included in Windows Vista. This brings new graphic effects like transparency, 3D objects and effects of distortion. WPF is normally enabled by default but if you want to enable or disable it, go to Control Panel and then in the tools of administration in order to launch the Services console. Look then use Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager, start or stop, depending on whether you want to enable Aero or not. careful, it may be that Windows detects hardware (often graphics card) is not compatible with Aero and prevents you from the start, even when starting the service. To run you still have to disable this check in the registry: Open the Registry and go to the tree HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft. If it does not exist create a folder called DWM. Then, in the right key create a DWORD and named EnableMachineCheck .

If Desktop Window Manager is enabled and running and you have all the Aero effects then you may have noticed that the transparent borders had a little blur effect compared to what lies behind. It is possible to disable that blur effect: Open the windows registry. Appointments to the tree HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ DWM. The right side, create a DWORD key named Blur and give it a value of 0. This will disable the blur effect. To reactivate it, give a value of 1.