Thread: Create Disk in case of user password loss

Create Disk in case of user password loss

Hi,
    What if a user forgets a login password. One way is to boot in safe mode and get the account clear. But if this solution does not work then what. I have a Windows Vista computer. I had faced this issue before. I need some other and better solution for this. If a user forgets the password then how can I boot the system in a normal mode. And how to set a limit for the disk space for each user. If I create 3 user account in my system then I want to limit the size of disk quota allotted to them. What is the command to check that which service pack in installed in the system. And at last but not the least what is the difference between assistance and remote desktop. Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Create Disk in case of user password loss

It may happen that you lose your password and in this case, the easiest way to reset and without using a third-party tool is to create a disk reset password. Be careful, this need a floppy disk, this can be used with a USB stick also, MP3 player or any other removable media, as long as you can write a file over a few kb. The operation is extremely simple, you go first in the Control Panel and then click User Accounts (in classical view), the left, then click on Generate a disk reset password. This PDW will generate a file that you can then store and use the day you lose your password.

When you have multiple accounts on your computer, you may want to prevent a single user monopolizes the entire hard drive. You need to do this, use allowances. Open the desktop and open the properties of a partition. Then you put in the Quota tab, select the quota management and in the "Quota Entries", create a new entry by selecting the name of your choosing and configuring the desired size.

If you want to know the version number of Windows and the latest service pack installed, you simply open the command prompt, go into the search box in the Start menu or click Start > Run, then enter the following command: winver. Remote Assistance allows troubleshooting a user after it has issued a request. The repairman then takes the hand under the session of troubleshooting. This option is used in LAN or via Internet. The office can use the computer as if it was over: the current user is disconnected and the remote user logs onto the computer from the LAN. If IIS is installed, this command is available via the Internet.