Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2009

File not Found Error in Microsoft Excel

Hi,
I have installed Microsoft Office 2007 recently. At first it was giving out error file not found when I use the recent document columns to open a file. I re-installed the entire application again. Things work fine. I need some information on how to access the menu for spellcheck in Excel 2007. And how to change security settings for ActiveX controls in Office 2007. I have trying to figure out something from the help file. But that does not help much. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-11-2009

Re: File not Found Error in Microsoft Excel

The file not found error comes if the file is moved from the location. Second thing you can try this if you get this error frequently. For Office 2003 & earlier Go to Menu > Tools > Add-Ins. Uncheck the supplement has been moved or deleted the position. (You should have a message of confirmation that this file is actually found). Click the OK button to confirm. For Office 2007, click the Office button then click Excel Options. Select the Add-Ins menu. Select Excel Add-ins in the Manage drop-down menu (bottom of the window). Click the Go button: The window that appears is identical to earlier versions of Excel. Uncheck the supplement has been moved or deleted the position.
Old 11-11-2009

The spell checker is common between different Office applications. When you customize a correction option in Excel, the change will also take in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher. To access the option go to the Office button and click on Excel Options. Then select menu check. Or, since the Review tab in the Ribbon, click the Spelling button and then click the Options button.
Old 11-11-2009

To change security settings for ActiveX controls in Office 2007 click on the Office button. Then go to Excel Options. After that choose Center of privacy management and click on Settings Management Center of confidentiality. Choose Settings ActiveX. Select the security option of your choice. The available options are Disable all controls without notification, Warn me before enabling controls initialization nonsecure (UFI) with additional restrictions and controls to secure initialization (SFI) with minimal restrictions, Warn me before enabling all controls with minimal restrictions (default), Enable all controls without restrictions and without warning (not recommended: execution risk controls potentially dangerous) and Safe Mode (limit access to control your computer).

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , , ,