Thread: Error 429 while working on Microsoft Access

Error 429 while working on Microsoft Access

Hi,
    I was editing Ms Access database and faced a error 429 ActiveX component cannot create object. I restarted the application and tried to edit the form back again. But still the error popped up again. What is the reason behind this. Second when I try to compact my database a new error comes up denoting the table already exist. Suggestion needed. Thanks in advance.

Re: Error 429 while working on Microsoft Access

This error may appear on a post while it has no problems with any another. The reason behind this can be either the DLL is missing DAO360.dll (classic case: just install) or either the data is poorly recorded. I will recommend uninstalling Office and reinstalling it back again. It usually, works after it. It will better to re-install the office package. As the file is related to system errors then re-installing can repair the same.

If the Automatic Backup of Outlook is installed, we get the error 429. If you can simply remove it then it can work. Because it remains incompatible sometime. The error is triggered only if the application (Word, Excel, Outlook ...) is closed. If it is open, then the errors pops out. Many a time uninstalling the tool can solve the issue. In case if you are an not able to compact your database then click on Tools, Options, View tab, select the box: Objects Systems. You go and see all system tables in your database. Try removing the system tables starting with Temp. Normally, after you compact.

The alternate method of location the dao360.dll file is by using Windows Explorer. Click on Start Menu > Run and type: regsvr32 user/dao360.dll. And click OK. Then replace the file and restart Access. Otherwise follow this option also. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\. In this you will find dao350.dll and dao360.dll. You can also replace the file from here. You can also run a search process for the same and replace the file. This is the only way to fix the problem.