Thread: Google Earth running slow on Lenovo ThinkPad T60p

Google Earth running slow on Lenovo ThinkPad T60p

I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad T60p. This laptop has Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 / 2.0 GHz which is a 64 bit processor, with DDR2 2.0GB memory, 100GB Sata Hard-disk. I am using Microsoft Windows Vista on this laptop. Last week I installed Google Earth on my Lenovo from my deaktop PC where I am using Microsoft Windows XP. The problem is that Google Earth is running very slowly on my laptop as compared to my desktop. Is it because of the Operating System?

Re: Google Earth running slow on Lenovo ThinkPad T60p

I also faced a similar issue wih my Samsung Lenovo Laptop when I used Google Earth. I also had Windows Vista installed, which now I have out done with Windows 7. I used to transfer alot of data from my laptop to and fro. I was then suggested to run the Disk Defragmenter program. It helped me. Go to the Start Menu(press the Windows button on your keyboard) > Select All programs > Select System Tools> Select Disk Defragmenter. Over here you have to make the selection for the Volume to be defragmented.

I can help you with the basic system requirements for Google Earth on Windows PLatform:
    Operating systems required are: Windows 2000 or Windows XP or Windows Vista. Processor with minimum 500Mhz Pentium 3. 256MB of minimum RAM is required. It uses 400MB of free disk space. Network speed should be 128kbps. Any 3D-capable with 16MB of VRAM can do. Also to run in Direct X mode DirectX 9 is needed.

I also bought a new HP Pavilion dv7 and also arranged a new USB Internet connection for it. I often use Google Earth because of my field job. When I installed Google Earth on my Laptop I also realised that it was running too slow although I had Windows 7. But then I noticed that it was not an Operating System problem but it was due to slow internet connection. Since Google Earth requires Internet Connection which is recommemded to be 768kbps, my internet was slow and so I was having this problem. I will cosult you to check your internet speed as this is not a Windows Vista related problem according to me.