Thread: iTunes installation quits unexpectedly on Windows Xp

iTunes installation quits unexpectedly on Windows Xp

I am a new Windows Xp computer that have assembled 2 days back.. Today i was trying to install iTunes so that i can sync my iPhone on the same, but the iTunes installer just quits itself unexpectedly on the first step of installation and gives some error stating "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package." I have to install iTunes anyhow on my computer. Could you guys please help me out for the same ?

Re: iTunes installation quits unexpectedly on Windows Xp

I am much aware of this error. It occurs while installing Apple iTunes or QuickTime on Windows Xp because they can not be installed properly unless there is Visual Basic Script installed on your system. So in order to fix this iTunes issue and error, you must download install VBScript version 5.7 on your windows Xp computer.

You can download the same from the link mentioned below. This download installs Microsoft Windows Script containing Visual Basic Script Edition (VBScript.) Version 5.7, JScript Version 5.7, Windows Script Components, Windows Script Host 5.7, and Windows Script Runtime Version 5.7.

Download VBScript version 5.7 for Windows Xp

hey,, thanks for sharing this useful info.. One of my Friend using Windows Vista , was also unable to install QuickTime on his system. Do he also needs to install the Visual Basic Script on his Vista computer? Also let me know the same download link will work or there is some another for Vista ? I appreciate your help..

I don't think there is any need to install Visual Basic Script on Vista, as latest VBScripting engine (version 5.7) is already included with Vista. If you friend is facing exact same problem with QuickTime installation, than i think he needs to register the VBSScript again. Make him to register VB Script and also turn off script blocking in anti-virus and personal firewall. Now try installing the QuickTime. Hope there will be no issue..

In order to register the VB Script again on Windows Vista, you must be logged in as administrator. Just follow these steps to register the VB:-

• In the Start menu, type cmd in the Start Search field.
    • Right-click on cmd in the list of search results and click Run as administrator in the pop-up menu. If Windows needs your permission to continue, click Continue.
    • In the Command Prompt window, enter the following command:
      Code:
      regsvr32 vbscript.dll
    • ype Enter on the keyboard. A message should appear stating: "DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded."
    • Click OK.

Thats it.. You are done !!