Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

An Eligible Iphoto Application Was Not Found In The Location Applications

Windows Software

Old 11-11-2009

An Eligible Iphoto Application Was Not Found In The Location Applications

Hi,

After updating to iPhoto 8.1, I can no longer sync my iPhone and Apple TV through iTunes. I tried to downloading the 7.1.2 version but it didn't take...a pop up said that "an eligible iPhoto application was not found in locations/Applications." Can someone tell me what I need to do next?

Old 11-11-2009

Re: An Eligible Iphoto Application Was Not Found In The Location Applications

iPhoto is not part of Mac os. iPhoto came with your machine, and thus is on your system restore DVD. You can restore the application individually if you required. If you do not have this disc, you will need to buy a new copy of iLife.
Old 11-11-2009

The reason for getting this error message, "An Eligible Iphoto Application Was Not Found In The Location Applications" is that the system makes a copy instead of moving the application is probably due to permissions. The disk's root directory is "sticky", which means that no one can delete a file, except the owner of the folder or file owner. You are not the owner of the file. Since the system could not have the existing file out of the folder, the next best thing you could do is make a copy. It checks permissions using Get Info on what you want to check, and the expansion of information in the bottom of the Info window. To check the top-level folder, Get Info on the disc itself. If you run update now, is the copy you put in Applications that you are updating. The original can be dragged to the trash. (You will need to authenticate to do that.) Just to be safe, do not empty the trash until you have verified that the upgrade work.
Old 11-11-2009

This problem occurs more frequently due to user confusion about the target directory. In many cases, users have installed iLife 08 in the Applications folder by default, and then moved to the applications in a different location. In addition, some users have created an Applications folder in your home directory, which has been used to install applications to the relevant user alone. While iLife applications will run properly on these alternative locations, the only way to be updated is if the installers and updaters can be found in the Applications folder by default.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,