Thread: Not able to access Exchange 2007 Mailbox using Outlook

Not able to access Exchange 2007 Mailbox using Outlook

I am using a Windows Vista computer with Ms office 2007 installed. Now when i am trying to connect or access Microsoft Exchange 2007 Mailbox using my Outlook 2007, the system gives me an error message stating "Your Exchange Server administrator has blocked the version of Outlook that you are using." I don't know why this error is coming even when I already have a profile for a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 mailbox. Do you guys have any idea regarding this error ? Please help me out of this.. Thanks for all your kindness.

Re: Not able to access Exchange 2007 Mailbox using Outlook

I think MAPI is disabled for your mailbox. MAPI stands for Messaging Application Programming Interface that is a messaging architecture and a Component Object Model based API for Microsoft Windows. If it is disabled, you won't be able to connect Exchange 2007 Mailbox. So first of all verify that it is enabled. To do so,just go through these steps:-

Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, and then click Exchange Management Shell.

Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    Get-CasMailbox MailboxName | FL mapienabled
    If this command returns False, MAPI is disabled for your mailbox. Enable it, and the error will get fixed itself..

I was also facing the same problem some couple of weeks ago. While workaround, i got that there was no encryption enabled for the Exchange 2007 connection. And unless it is done, you won't be able to connect. Try enable encryption for the Exchange 2007 connection. Here is how i did:-

• Open the command prompt and type Control and hit Enter.
    • Here, you need to double click on Mail, select Show Profiles and select your profile.
    • Now click on Properties > E-mail Accounts > View or Change Existing E-mail Accounts > Next.
    • Select the Exchange account, and then click Change.
    • Click More Settings, and then click the Security tab.
    • Click to select the Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server check box.
    • Click OK, click Next, click Finish, and then click Close.

Thats it !!

Hey,, thanks for your quick response.. i just checked my MAPI with the help of steps, you mentioned and found that it is disabled. So, as you said i need to enable it, i don't know how to do that. Could you please make me know how to enable MAPI ? Help appreciated...

A MAPI application simply means any application that uses the MAPI calls. MAPI applications work against sets of data sources grouped into Profiles. Profiles are created, saved, and deleted by the Profile Provider. Here is how to enable MAPI for your mailbox :-

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, and then click Exchange Management Shell.

2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
      Code:
      Set-CasMailbox MailboxName -mapienabled:$true
    3. Now create an e-mail account in Outlook that uses the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) server type.