Thread: Java Problem

Java Problem

Java first came with my computer which is a Pavilion dv4 with Vista 64-bit Home Premium. Anyways, my Java was automatically upgraded via the little thing that appears on the Programs menu in Control Panel. This continued until I manually downloaded Java 6 Update 16 from the Suns website. Then I deleted Java 16. Then the Java thing that used to appear in Programs in Control Panel disappeared. I reinstalled Java 16 then the thing reappeared. Today the thing in Programs automatically installed Java 17 then I deleted Java 16, which again deleted the little thing in Programs. I don't know what's going on. Please help.

Re: Java Problem

little thing may become surprising as this can be virus/malware so install ccleaner and malwarebytes update them as you download malwarebytes rename it to any name then install it same for ccleaner , then first log in through safe mode , and scan computer with this application and clean registry uninstall not useful application then restart normally and see..

Java Problem

It seems that by mistake you had uninstall your Java because of which you are facing such kind of issue or it might happen that your laptop is being infected with virus because of which you are facing such kind of issue, try to install AVG anti virus on your system and have a full scan.

The cause could be one of two problems, Firstly, you have java disabled, or you don't have a Java Virtual Machine. Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer. It may seem appropriate to set your security at "High" - but this disables Java. However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.

I'm sorry I confused you. what I meant by little thing was if you go to Programs in Vista Control Panel there is Programs and Features, Windows Defender, Default Programs, Windows SideShow, etc. and at the end there is Java. The little thing is a part of Vista, not adware or malware. And yes, I have AVG Free Anti-Virus 9.0.

It doesn't matter where a program appears, what matters is that java must work. Some websites needs java and other plugins. Java which appeared in the program was the one which came with your Laptop pre-installed, This type of software is known as OEM. Now when you manually update is the two versions cannot work togather, so the old one vanished, but that is no problem. You can use anyone, it doesn't matter...