Thread: Sound problems with dell inspiron 1525 laptop

Sound problems with dell inspiron 1525 laptop

I have a Dell inspiron 15 laptop and it is being installed with an operating system of Windows Vista. Its been quite a few days that i am not able to hear any sound from my laptop when i do play a song or any media file. Also wen i plug any output device like speakers it does not sound also. As i Do not have much knowledge much about devices and systems kindly guide me or give me a solution for it. Thank you.

Re: Sound problems with dell inspiron 15 laptop

As you are using Vista there you would be an icon of sound display on your taksbar menu. Double click on the particular icon. There you would get a dialog box to run through the programs. Follow the procedures as it would be mentioned there. After making the changes close the dialog box and restart your machine again. If the problems stills persists then you need to install the drivers from your Dell utility backup disc.
    Last edited by Eric B; 09-11-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Well there might be also a problem with your media player. It might be missing some codec due to unsual format it does not support or due some reasons the files might have got corrupted. Try reinstalling your Media player again by first uninstalling ypur media player. Go to Start> Control panel> Add and remove programs> "Your Media player". click on uninstall.

Well there would also be a possibility that your speakers might have blowned. Due to this reason you are not able to receive any sound form your laptop. Kindly service your laptop from Dell at your nearest service center. Due to this your media player is not able to give you any sound when u play any media files. So check out for your hardware device if your drivers and sound devices are properly installed.