Thread: Entourage Error 17092 : Cannot send email

Entourage Error 17092 : Cannot send email

Hi,

My entourage is showing error 17092. I cannot send email and it says that the SMTP server does not recognize any of the authentication methods, the problem is that it has worked well for past six months, I have changed nothing. How do I get rid of this message so that Entourage stops trying to send it all the time! It is not in my outbox or anything so have no idea to get rid of it! thanks for your help!

Re: Entourage Error 17092 : Cannot send email

The error 17092 is shown in your Outbox. When you go to your Outbox and check the View menu, is probably "marked only" checked there? Select the disabled. If that's not all, have to rebuild the database (Option key, press the launch, select Rebuild). Then you probably send in the Outbox.

I had the same problem that large files in your Outbox could not be sent, may be the problem. In my case, there were 3 files that were not particularly large, but had no complete email addresses. As soon as I deleted those 3 items, the problem resolved.

Sometimes, settings works but not all the time then the problem is with the server or your network. Rather than changing your SMTP address of a location, you should ask your configuration manager that works when "off line". This requires that you use a name and password to send and possibly enable SSL. Only the server administrator can say this.

The problem is either with your password stored in the keychain or your E-mail server. Quit Entourage and then open the Keychain Access utility found in / Applications / Utilities. Choose Keychain Access -> Keychain First Aid. Verify and repair if necessary, your keychain. Launch Entourage and trying to again. If that fails, then the ISP may have a website online where you can change the password of your E-mail. Change your password and then launch Entourage and enter your new password when prompted.