Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

BSOD how to find cause?

Windows Software

Old 07-11-2009

question BSOD how to find cause?

Couple of days ago came home from work and my computer on blue screen. Turned off and on, same blue screen. Would boot into safe mode fine, but reboot to blue screen. This am tried Last known good configuration - worked and no more blue screen.
My question is how can I find out what happened to cause the blue screen? I didn't install anything new - but I do have automatic updates enabled. Is there a log file on the disk to tell me what caused the blue screen?

Old 05-06-2011

Re: BSOD how to find cause?

i would like to suggest you the follwing steps and so that we can understand your issue. first make right click on the Computer icon and after that select the Properties. now on the Properties go to the Advance tab. now on the advance tab make click on the setting button of the startup and recovery. now you will get the setting windows and under that make uncheck mark on the Automatically restart check box on the system failure panel and after that hit the ok button. now when get the BSOD you can read the error message and after that just post here.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: