Thread: Need help with vCard in Outlook 2007

Need help with vCard in Outlook 2007

Hi, i am having a Windows XP computer at my home with Microsoft Office 2007 installed. I am working on 2007 from last 2 months so am still not much aware of its all features. So i am here to get some help from you all regarding the vCard. Well i found a tip of opening vCard from here How to open the Vcard using Outlook but i wanted to know how can i create and distribute vCrads using Outlook 2007 ? Could you guys please help me out regarding the same ? Help appreciated.

Re: Need help with vCard in Outlook 2007

vCard is an electronic business card supported by Email clients for Personal Data Interchange that is also know as PDI. They can contain name and address information, phone numbers, URLs, logos, photographs, and even audio clips. In order to create a vCard in Outlook 2007, just follow these few simple steps:-
    • In a Contact folder, click to select the contact for which you want a vCard.
    • On the File menu, click Save As.
    • In the Save file as type box, click to select VCARD Files (*.vcf).
    • In the Save In box, select the folder where you want to save the vCard file, and then click Save.
    • This creates a vCard file with the same name as that of the Contact.

Thats it !!

vCard is an influential approach to electronic Personal Data Interchange (PDI).You can distribute a vCard file as you distribute any other computer file. Here is how to do that:-

Open Outlook 2007 and click Mail in the navigation pane.
    Now go to the Toolbar, click New and than click on 'Insert' tab
    Click Attach file option from the 'Include' group, and navigate to select a vCard file.
    Once you find it, click on 'Insert',, and you are done.

If you want to include Notes with your vCard, you must insert the .vcf file. If the .vcf is attached to your signature. You can also distribute a vCard using this few steps:-

1. Open a new message and address it to the recipient.

2. On the Insert menu, click File.

3. Click to select a vCard (.vcf) file, and then click OK.

With Outlook, you can automatically convert a vCard that was received from an external source to an Outlook Contact record. If the vCard arrives as an e-mail attachment, you can double-click the vCard attachment and then click Save And Close to add it to your default Contact folder. Alternatively, you can create a Contact from a vCard by dragging it to the Contacts folder.If you import a vCard file, or if you open and then save a vCard file, it is placed directly into your default Contacts folder in the default message store.

To store the vCard in a Contacts folder other than the default, you can drag the vCard file to the secondary folder or first import it into the default Contacts folder, and copy it to the secondary folder.