Thread: Sony Vaio Driver Problem

Sony Vaio Driver Problem

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-R505GC notebook, on which i had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. Just few days back i had formatted my system and since that i'm not able to get proper driver of Audio and Video. Can any body tell me that why i'm facing such drivers problem on my Sony Vaio PCG-R505GC notebook? Any one has any idea about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Sony Vaio Driver Problem

This problem occurs because Sony has removed the generic Microsoft supplied DV camcorder drivers from your Windows operating system, and have replaced them with a Sony driver that functions only with Sony programs. First of all, you should check if you have a recovery partition. To do that, you just go to your desktop: my computer --> right click --> manage --> disk management . There should be a partition up to 4 or 5 GB with no drive letter. And this would help you get the drivers needed. In order to use your camcorder with any non-Sony applications, you must remove the driver and replace it with the correct version.

According to me, i think you should tr to "Restore to Factory Settings" on your system. Also try to backups your data on your machine. Its really hard finding Windows XP drivers. Also be sure to update your vaio with Windows Service Packs.

I think you should try to visit the official website of Sony for downloading the following drivers on your system. If you want you can check out the following link. Sony delivers a CD with Sony Vaio drivers for their laptops. When these two files have been installed, you can run the switch.exe program to automatically switch the drivers. Hope so, it may resolve your above driver problem.