Thread: Problems while opening Microsoft Office 2007 files on Windows 2007

Problems while opening Microsoft Office 2007 files on Windows 2007

I'm running Windows Vista s my operating system. Recently i had downloaded Microsoft Office 2007 trial version on my machine. As an administrator I am facing a problem with one computer of one of our employees . Some of the Microsoft Office files can not be opened/copied /moved anymore.When trying to do this we received messages such as:
    a) "Cannot copy file: File system error ( 1148)"
    b) "Cannot move file: File system error ( 1148)"
    c)"Cannot find file '(null)' ( or one of its components).Make sure the path and file name are correct and that all required libraries are available"
    So, can nay body tell me that why i'm facing problems while opening Microsoft Office 2007 files on Windows Vista? Does any body knows about it? Please provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Problems while opening Microsoft Office 2007 files on Windows 2007

Sometimes the glitch may not be in the Office suite but in the innards of the computer itself. It looks from these alerts that they are only occurring on your clients. Is that true? Are you actually getting any corresponding Exchange errors? It could be caused by a faulty RAM or a problem in the hard disk drive. Or maybe you were too lazy to install one of the released service packs.

Files and the registry are scanned for glitches commonly caused by viruses and faulty installations. The Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 is Non-Genuine. Update virus dat files, then boot into safe mode to scan all. This test can take up to 15 minutes or more as it goes into the very nerve center of the computer.

If you have files created in Word that you need to edit you could take a look at Open Office 3.0 which is legally,totally free to use and works with all office documents. The reason you hadn't see the Non-Genuine message sooner is that Office doesn't have any anti-piracy systems other then Activation and this pirated Product Key is a Volume License Key that doesn't require Activation.