Thread: Microsoft Office XP Media Content Problem

Microsoft Office XP Media Content Problem

I had installed Windows Xp Professional on my system. I had also installed Microsoft Office on my pc. Now the problem is that whenever i start any program in Office, or try to open an office file, a dialog box saying ' Please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office Small Business Edition" pops up. I had noticed that on my system under my "Add or Remove" programs I also have Microsoft Office XP Media Content listed as well. So, i would like to know that do i I need this in order to run Microsoft Office XP or is Microsoft Office XP Media Content just taking up space on the computer? Any idea about it? Let me know your suggestion on the above issue.

Re: Microsoft Office XP Media Content Problem

The Microsoft Office XP Setup program supports the chaining of additional packages (MSI files) or programs (EXE files) to the core Office XP installation. If you do not have Internet access to the Microsoft Office Online Clip Art and Media Web site, you can install Microsoft Office clip art on a computer or on a network share. Chaining allows you to deploy Office XP and related applications in one seamless process.

The Microsoft Office XP Media Content CD-ROM includes the Microsoft Clip Organizer and a library of clip art and other media files that users can insert into Office documents. Setup reads the Setup.ini file at the start of the installation process and writes a set of tasks to the Windows registry to install each package listed in the [ChainedInstall_1] through [ChainedInstall_n] sections.

Microsoft Office and XP professional are windows operating system. Add or Remove Programs entry for Microsoft Office XP Media Content. Chaining allows you to deploy Office XP and related applications in one seamless process. Microsoft Office XP Media Content includes the Microsoft Clip Organizer and a library of clip art and other media files that users can insert into Office documents.