Thread: Best BitTorrent Client for linux

Best BitTorrent Client for linux

Hello,
    Which the best bittorrent client under linux. I am looking for a bittorrent client which is
    1) A lean, effective and powerful program
    2) Multiple download provides prioritization of the upload (and therefore) the download.
    In windows world my favorite was BitComet. Can any one help me in finding out a good bittorrent client for linux. Thanks in Advance

Re: Best BitTorrent Client for linux

Here are some of the popular bittorrent clients available:
    1) KTorrent - It is the default torrent client for KDE environment, but can work with other environments like GNOME etc.
    2) qBittorrent - It is small powerful, and visually attractive. It is developed by University students from France.
    3) Deluge - it works on GNOME and Xfce environment, it is full-featured bittorrent client based on GTK. A windows port is also available.
    4) rTorrent - It is a text-based program. It is said to be an high performance and good code program. rTorrent can do everything that a GUI based client can.
    5) Transmission - It uses smaller amount of system resource than any other torrent client. It is perfectly balance providing useful functionality. It has a simple interface.
    Use which one suits you best.

Re: Best BitTorrent Client for linux

Azureus is a powerful torrent client. A lot of non-tech people think that Azureus is just a program like Limewire or Napster. They search for the media there and download, if they do not find there they are blank. Because they do not know how it works and what technology it uses. The newer interface is commercialized and cluttered. uTorrent is a popular torrent client. uTorrent is not yet available for Linux systems, many people including me are waiting for it. But you can install it on Wine and enjoy the feel of uTorrent there.
    For more discussions on Torrent client