Thread: Word 2007 stops responding while using gallery

Word 2007 stops responding while using gallery

I am a Windows Xp user and have installed Microsoft Office 2007 last week. It worked fine for few days but to day when i started Word 2007 and tried to add any elements to it, application just get hanged up. When i tried it again after restarting it get close unexpectedly. Also it gives me some error stating "Word cannot open this document template. (drive_letter:\...\1033\Building Blocks.dotx)."

I don't have any idea about this error. Could you guys please make me know how to fix this problem ? Please help me soon. Thanks for all your kindness..

Re: Word 2007 stops responding while using gallery

As the error message says, the cause for this problem is Building Blocks.dotx template. This kind of behavior of Word 2007 occurs when the Building Blocks.dotx template is damaged or corrupted. In order to fix this problem you need to delete the Building Blocks.dotx file. To delete it, just go to app data\roaming\\Microsoft\Document Building Block directory and delete it. When you run Wird next time, system will automatically regenerate the file for you.

Actually there are two copies of the Building Blocks.dotx template. One copy is stored in your user data folders and the other is in the Office 12 folder. And the damaged one will be from the user data folders. So i'll suggest you to move the Building Blocks.dotx file to a temporary folder. To do this, follow these steps:-

• Exit Word 2007.
    • Click Start, click Run, type "%userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks\1033", and then click OK.
    • Move the Building Blocks.dotx file to a temporary folder.
    • Start Word 2007.

This resolution is the key to the template corrupted and not to the documents which have got corrupted and you need to repair them. In order to do that you need to take help of the third party application. This software has been particularly known as recovery software and are capable to scan the corrupted documents and then end up at word repair. The software applies corruption and the use of powerful algorithms to each case of document the damaged document repair. Equipped with the graphically rich user interface, these Word recovery software never alter the contents of the original documents. So one of these softwares, I'll suggest you to go with Stellar Phoenix Word Recovery.

Try to repair the 2007 Office system or Word 2007 manually. To do so, just go through these steps:-

• Exit all 2007 Office programs.
    • Click Start, click Run, type "%userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks\1033", and then click OK.
    • Click Start, click Run, type "%programfiles%\Microsoft Office\Office12\Document Parts\1033", and then click OK.
    • Close both folders.
    • Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and the click OK.
    • In the Currently installed programs list, click the version of the 2007 Office system that is installed on the computer. Or, click Word 2007 if you have the stand-alone version installed on the computer.
    • Click Change, click Repair, and then click Continue.