Thread: Problem with AWARD MODULAR BIOS V6.00 PG

Problem with AWARD MODULAR BIOS V6.00 PG

I had installed Windows Xp on my machine. My PC has a Sea-gate ST320410A hard drive along with AWARD MODULAR BIOS V6.00 PG. Now the problem is that when I try to auto detect the drive it comes up with the correct drive but the wrong size, instead of a 20GB I get a 2 GB drive. I have tried to manually set it but it doesn't accept any settings. So can any body tell me that what is the problem with my AWARD MODULAR BIOS V6.00 PG? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out.

Re: Problem with AWARD MODULAR BIOS V6.00 PG

Are you sure you've jumpered the drive correctly? There is not much "damage" you can do in the BIOS settings. Many drives have a 2GB clip function which is a compatibility mode needed by a few very old controllers. Check and make 100% sure that the jumper configuration is correct, as this is the most likely cause of your problem.

Check your Device Manager for USB Controllers. This BIOS update solve my problem with blue screen reporting that serious error encountered and windows has stopped to prevent damage. For that right click My Computer then click Manage then Device Manager.

In order to install correct drivers on you system, you need to check out the following link. The best surefire method to clear the CMOS is by means of the clear CMOS jumper on the moterboard. Or otherwise you need to visit Abit's website and check out whether you get any BIOS update been available. Hope so it may help you to resolve your above issue.