Thread: Search Access Database in Windows XP

Search Access Database in Windows XP

Hi,
    I am new on Windows. I am using Microsoft Access to designed a database for the current employee list. The problem I am facing here is that it is hard to search in a database. Is there any option available on it. If yes then how to use the same. Second thing the PC on which I am working has a problem with Outlook express. It is blocking the application. How to fix this problem also. I had activated my internet also but getting a low speed. Thanks.

Re: Search Access Database in Windows XP

For working on search you need at least one table. Based on this table, we first create a simple form. Whether your use is for the wizard, or by hand, it does not matter. Now save the form under a proper name. The wizard will now ask first about the list box. We select "Find a record on my form based on the value selected in the list box and click Next. After we have inserted the control, save the form and view the result of when we open it. In the list box, now see the addresses of the database in abbreviated form. If you now click on an address, it will appear in the form.

Outlook is blocked by a virus applications. This happens when a virus creates a registry entry for the application. First it is better you can run a registry repair tool. This tool fix the problem automatically. Otherwise you can also manually fix the matter. Do this, click on Start > Run > type regedit. Then go to the following - HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 10.0 \ Outlook \ Security. In the right pane, right-click your mouse button and selelct New > String Value. Give name exe. Here you need to put proper extension to make your thing work.

The basic settings of Windows XP for the dial-transmission with TCP / IP are not optimal in many cases. By optimizing the values of the dial-up connection you can speed up downloading and surfing. To this, there is an easy to use freeware utility called Dial-Up Speed. Using radio buttons to change only the different parameters depending on the used connection type (analog, ISDN, ADSL, LAN). After a Windows restart, all Registry changes made are active. Dial-Up Speed change the following parameters that are necessary for proper data transfers: MTU (Maximum Transmission unit, RWIN (maximum data length), TTL (Time To Live).