Thread: How to remove startup items from Windows registry

How to remove startup items from Windows registry

Hi,
    I need some instructions on the following problems. First I had some application which run automatically on start up. I had removed everything from the start up menu but still the program launches. Second thing what to do if the system works extremely slow. I stay 24 hours online. And virus are frequently entered my system. How to make it more secure. I have a good antivirus but also what are more suggestion in this category. I am using Windows XP currently. Thanks.

Re: How to remove startup items from Windows registry

Perform the following actions when you system works extremely slow. Click on Start > Run and type in the box msconfig. Now open the tab Startup. Now you can uncheck all unkown programs which are not required on startup. Do not uncheck programs you do not know, because that might be important for the system. Now your computer should start more quickly. Other thing you can do is cleaning your hard disk, defragment the hard drive and registry Cleanup.

To clear startup things from your registry first click on Start -> Run and type "regedit". In the open window, if you want to clear the startup then go to iHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, otherwise to HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Then click on software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Run. Remove all the registered keys from the right side. Reboot your system back again.

The most prominent culprit in the PC world are probably pretty cure the virus. These are programs that can damage or destroy a damage routine, or certain files or programs. Therefore, an important rule: Only open attachments that were previously announced or requested, from whatever source. In addition, there are programs that the alien through a back door allowing your PC to control, and in every conceivable way. These "Trojan horses" as the virus usually via the Internet on your PC go. Same went which way the virus, worm or Trojan is now infect your PC, it is important to recognize him and be destroyed. There are various anti-virus software manufacturers, partly free and partly free. At the end of a survey carried out from different vendors. It is extremely important that the virus is kept up to date, because what good is it if the software can not detect the actual spread viruses.

If you are now directly connected to the Internet, not through a router, you should definitely use a firewall which controls access between your PC and the Internet, and controls. I am speaking in this case from a normal desktop firewall, as these safe for your data relatively unimportant enough and keeps most of the threats. Thus, you avoid the strange people, but also viruses, etc. from the outside can access the PC. Of course, You can set which programs, addresses and destinations are trustworthy and which do not have access. The configuration is usually too complex for beginners, but most manufacturers offer wizard or standard profiles in their software.