Thread: Firefox downloads all the links i click silently

Firefox downloads all the links i click silently

Hello friends, i have been wondering for two months why i have been receiving internet bills far too much then i assume i was using. My computer generally stays On all the day but i use internet very rarely, and for this reason i have taken up a limited download plan. Recently i got a message showing Low Disk Space on my C:\ drive. When i checked, i had a lot of files downloaded on my computer. Damn! This was the cause of my long bills. I then checked and noticed that Firefox downloads all the links i click silently. Previously i use to get an option to select a location to download a file if i clicked on any download link. But now this option has vanished... Any help? Please help... Thanks in advance...

Re: Firefox downloads all the links i click silently

Does this link help : Opening links in Mozilla firefox I have not read it, but it seems similar, Might help you. All the best, do post back.

Quote Originally Posted by Patio View Post
    Does this link help : Opening links in Mozilla firefox I have not read it, but it seems similar, Might help you. All the best, do post back.
    That isn't my problem, my problem is links open in Mozilla Firefox itself, but if there is a file attached to the link, the file will start downloading silently without notifying me. I think i will have to switch to unlimited download plan. I will have to pay for the internet that i wont use. Please help.

Well there is a work around but not a solution. You can keep checking if any download has started, As soon as a download starts and you don't wont the file to be downloaded, you can cancel the download and click on Clear so that it will disappear from the list. This can save a hell lot of downloads with your monthly limited download plan.

I think when the option was enable you may have clicked on the bar which says, do this automatically everytime i click a link or something. This option is enabled. Just disable this option and then your mozilla and its downloads will become normal...

Quote Originally Posted by ΘN-TH3-ЯΘCKZ View Post
    I think when the option was enable you may have clicked on the bar which says, do this automatically everytime i click a link or something. This option is enabled. Just disable this option and then your mozilla and its downloads will become normal...
    May be by mistake, i may have choosen the wrong option. So i just need to undo the option? Ok, i'll do it, but the problem is i don't know where to find this option? I searched in the tool bar, but there is no link which says options. Can anyone help me find the options? Thanks in advance...

Click on Edit button from the tool bar and select Preference. Now there see where you can see a option button which says "Always ask me where to save files" select this option and click on Apply and then click on OK. This will ask you where to save files each time a downloadable link is clicked. All the best!