Thread: how to take snapshot in fullscreen Windows 7 Media Center

how to take snapshot in fullscreen Windows 7 Media Center

Hi, i am having a Windows 7 computer at home. Using it since long time but not able to take screen shot from its Media center when it is running in the full screen mode. When i do so, what i get is the black screen. But today, i have seen a man taking snapshot in the fullscreen mode and was capable of doing so. Do you guys have any idea how to take snapshot in Windows 7 Media Center when it is in fullscreen mode ? Please let me know too...

Re: how to take snapshot in fullscreen Windows 7 Media Center

Yeah, thats true. Whenever we try to take snapshot in fullscreen media center it will be just a black screen. Now there is registry tweak that can fix this issue. I also done the same on my Windows 7 Pc as well. Here is how to do that:-

• Go to Start Menu and type regedit in the search line and press Enter.
    • Click Yes on UAC pop up.
    • Now locate the following key:-
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video
    • Once you are there, right click on the right-pane and create a new DWORD for your system.
    • Rename the said key as EnablePrintScreen and set its value to 1.
    • When you are done Click OK.
    • Restart the system to take effect.

Thats it..

I was also facing the same feature with the Media Center in Windows 7 but due to the Registry tweak, i am now able to take the Snapshot in the Fullscreen mode as well easily. But before editing anything in the registry, remember that Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.

Thanks for the quick and valuable help friends. Just now i performed the steps you mentioned and it really worked for me. Now i can the screen shot easily and there is no more black screen the image. I appreciate all your help. Keep it up !!