Thread: Windows 7 problem in Dell Inspiron

Windows 7 problem in Dell Inspiron

Hi,
    Recently I had installed Windows 7 in my Dell Laptop. After installation and putting up all the drives I am facing problem in two parts. the first is graphics. In my 17 inch monitor a dual one attached, Win7 started for the first time, was the optimum setting according Win7 1280 x 1024. Then I changed the setting and the text size. After log off the graphics settings are saved again. In the second part the sound does not work. But Win7 applications like Media Player or VLC etc. can no longer be controlled with the buttons. Any suggestion for this.

Re: Windows 7 problem in Dell Inspiron

Use default values which might do not remain in your monitor will, for whatever reason. Many monitors are also switched off and if on again the default value is lost. You will need to get the latest Windows 7 optimal driver for it. Otherwise you cannot sort the issue. Try to make your system dual boot. Like your older Windows version in one partition and the new one in other.

Check the power strip of your monitor. Then get a new driver for the graphics card which you had already loaded. For the sound problem, in my case I updated the driver manually and the updates have been worked after reinstalling Win7. This is majorly a driver issue. You will need to check that your hard ware drivers are compatible with Windows 7 or not.

Problem of "sound", try it once on the Microsoft Update Server (Windows Update) but can take 1-2 days. For my Logitech keyboard, there was no drivers for Vista or Win7. It works, but special keys have no function. So here you can see that some terms are not supported by the new operating system. Even till today manufacturer's are not providing a fully optimal Windows 7 drivers.

The problem with the graphics had come loose, which was really the fact that the monitor is disconnected from the main power supply at night. But the sound problem can still exists, even the windows update is installed. It is correct that the the new driver for your system can work normally on Vista. Try to adjust the volume only in the applications themselves to change.