Thread: Symantec Endpoint Protection does not update

Symantec Endpoint Protection does not update

I have a small network of 20 computers and got Symantec Endpoint Protection Client-Server Edition. Everything is taken care of from the server computer which has Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. The client machines have Symantec Endpoint managed clients. Can anyone tell me why Symantec Endpoint Protection does not update? Thanks in advance...

Re: Symantec Endpoint Protection does not update

What is the Server computer's Operating System? Windows may produce errors if you have installed Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager on a Windows client type OS like Windows 2000, XP. Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager needs to be installed on a Server Operating System Like Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server. do post back...

Hi, have you installed Symantec Endpoint Protection properly? I think some error may have occured during installation of Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager on the server. Did you receive any error or trouble? I think you should uninstall and reinstall Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager from the server machine. If you still recieve problems post back...

Windows XP also has a limit in simultaneous connections to 10. So this also can cause the client machines from connecting to the server. So if you have installed Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager on a Windows XP client, The server may not reached by all the clients at a time, Try to update the clients one after other. This may be the problem. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudra.J View Post
    What is the Server computer's Operating System? Windows may produce errors if you have installed Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager on a Windows client type OS like Windows 2000, XP. Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager needs to be installed on a Server Operating System Like Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server. do post back...
    I know a Server OS is required, my server machine is Windows 2008 R2 Server. I don't think i recieved and problems during installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Patio View Post
    Hi, have you installed Symantec Endpoint Protection properly? I think some error may have occured during installation of Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager on the server. Did you receive any error or trouble? I think you should uninstall and reinstall Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager from the server machine. If you still recieve problems post back...
    I did not get any error/warning during the installation. I also tried reinstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager several times but that doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Noverism View Post
    Windows XP also has a limit in simultaneous connections to 10. So this also can cause the client machines from connecting to the server. So if you have installed Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager on a Windows XP client, The server may not reached by all the clients at a time, Try to update the clients one after other. This may be the problem. Cheers!
    You need to read Rudra.J's post. Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager [server version] doesn't install on Windows XP machines. So there is no issue of connection limit.

Can anyone think of someother problem? Please help...

I think thing of only two problem apart from the already mentioned ones. Try to update Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager on the server and then check if the clients get updates? also if you have a name server, make sure those are properly configures and the network is not messed up. You must check your network if the Symantec clients are able to connect to the Symantec server... Hope this helps...