Thread: CD ripping problem on Windows Xp

CD ripping problem on Windows Xp

I had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. I'm trying to rip this CD to my computer using Windows Media Player. Everytime I put in a CD and Windows Media Player Or iTunes or Zune Software trys to rip that CD it fails to rip it. It says the CD is dirty or it says it cannot play this CD. The cds are not dirty or scratched at all. Even i had tried to ripping a brand new CD and it said the same thing. Why i'm having CD ripping problem on Windows Xp? Does any body knows about it? Please help me to resolve the above issue.

Re: CD ripping problem on Windows Xp

You need to close down, if any programs which may be managing your cd drives. Ripping is the process of copying audio or video content to a hard disk, typically from removable media or media streams such as an iPod. Both the speed and the interface of the hard disk drive that you are ripping tracks to can affect the ripping speed.

If WMP thinks it's library database is corrupt it will not add any files to it. On the Audio tab, when Digital is selected in the Rip area, digital mode is used when ripping CDs. ipping is distinct from simple file copying, in which the source audio/video is not formatted for ease of use in a computer filesystem.

A problem with your CD drive or CD can reduce ripping speed. If you have problems ripping tracks when Digital is selected, click Analog instead. In order to resolve your CD ripping problem on Windows Xp, you need to update your rip software from creative. You can plug your player in and should be able to move music freely from it using windows media player, that's how I sync my player, and you can take music from the player the same way. This is especially important if you notice hiccups or pops in the ripped audio files and your CD drive is a slower drive (either single-speed or double-speed).