Thread: Audio Converter problem on Windows Xp

Audio Converter problem on Windows Xp

I'm using Nokia cellphone. I had installed Nokia developer suite v1.1. on my machine. I had installed Windows Xp on my machine. Currently i'm facing some problem with the audio converter of the Nokia developer suite v1.1. The problem is that when i browse any midis in it, nothing happens (no error). It is supposed to show me all available channels which i can select and convert but it doesn't work. So, i would like to know that is the problem with my audio converter? Or is the problem related to my hardware? Let me know the correct way to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Audio Converter problem on Windows Xp

Please make sure your audio file has no protection. Or you may try this media converter, it can help you convert wma to mp3 file, even the DRM protected audio file. Actually it has polyphony a bit more than 4 (8 in fact). Just tried your MIDI and it worked just fine in 6610. Just changed the channel priority in the Sound Converter to 1, 5, 3 and 2.

I have the exact same problem using the Audio Converter in NDS 2.0 as is reported for NDS 1.1. I select the MIDI file, but no tracks are displayed and I cannot convert. I ran the conversion in console mode for your file and it worked ok. It doesn't matter which MIDI file, nor does it matter if it is Type-0 or Type-1 MIDI file.

I solved the problem by reinstalling it in the Sun One, but from Sun one the save function generate as exception, instead running as standalone it works fine. The same MIDI files work fine for a different developer at another site. I am actually the audio (MIDI) developer, _not_ a Java developer. So I installed it as stand-alone, simply to access the MIDI->ringtone converter.

I would like to recommend you try to use DRM WMA MP3 Converter. Which can help you convert protected wma to MP3 or other music files. Using latest version of JRE and fully up to date Windows XP but the Audio Converter doesn't do anything. I've tried both sample MIDI files which came with the Nokia Developer Suite.