Thread: Entourage Database error I/O

Entourage Database error I/O

Hi,

I've been having some problems with Entourage 2004, I've never had problems with Entourage until yesterday. Today after restarting, Entourage will not open. It says the database is corrupted, and I have to rebuild it. But I can not rebuild - the Entourage database runs on an error as soon as it starts and says it has an I/O error. What is Entourage Database error I/O ?? How do I get rid of this ???

Re: Entourage Database error I/O

You to rebuild Entourage. But before you can retrieve the data, you need to make sure your unit is safe and that has sufficient space for swap files and rebuilding Entourage. I suggest that you run the latest combo update from Apple, but may also need to make an "Archive & Install". Use "Remove Office" then install Office and update. You will have 3 updates. 11.3.5, 11.3.6 and 11.3.7. apply in that order after the installation from the CD.

If you can move all your data to a secondary drive, eliminating the unit might be able to block all bad sectors on the disk. With all the mistakes you made, think you could have catastrophic data loss pending.

You can export Entourage folders by dragging them onto the desktop. This will create a .Mbox file with the name of the folder. In Mail use the import command with the other option selected. Choose the folder you just created. Mbox are files and click OK. I would almost expect the drag of the folders in Entourage to fail at some point because of the corrupt database. So backup before trying.

Entourage database is equally vulnerable. If you experience strange behavior, you might want to check and rebuild its database with Entourage 2004 is the database utility (hold down the option key when launching Entourage). Regularly back up your Entourage database is a smart idea. You may want to create a task that reminds Entourage backups of your database regularly.

Hi Custidio. you may use the .ndf sql recovery program. Most likely, this database can be recovered with this tool
    Last edited by Rameez.J; 17-12-2009 at 06:09 AM. Reason: External Link Removed.