Thread: How to Move Outlook Email Messages to Mac Entourage

How to Move Outlook Email Messages to Mac Entourage

Hi,

I use Microsoft Entourage for Macintosh OS X and I want to move all Outlook Email Messages on PC to Entourage on Mac. What is the easiest way to import my data from my pc and Microsoft Outlook on my new Mac with the Office of mac environment? Any ideas?

re: How to Move Outlook Email Messages to Mac Entourage

The easiest method for moving data in fact often sign up for a free account - IMAP email, then move the messages from the MAC on the IMAP server, log in from Windows and move the messages frm the IMAP server in Outlook .

You can move Outlook Email Messages on PC to Entourage on Mac via an IMAP account, but if you come from Windows Outlook (or Mac) in Exchange Server, has the advantage that you can have your Exchange account configured as an IMAP account in Entourage and use it without limitation. Otherwise, you still have the option of using a free IMAP account, or use Windows Eudora as an intermediary. IMAP is the best way as it maintains the attachments, that the method of Eudora does not, but may not be viable if you have a lot of mail, not Exchange Server.

If you are using Outlook IMAP - if any of the versions of Windows for Mac or - at work with an Exchange server, ask your system administrator to configure your email account (s) with IMAP access. Keep all your mail folders, send mail, etc., on the server and access them from Entourage as you would with any IMAP account. If you have Outlook without Exchange Server on a single computer, and then use a free IMAP account and configure both Outlook and Entourage. Check with service providers free IMAP IMAP providers.

To transfer email Messages on PC to Entourage on Mac using an IMAP account, follow these steps:
    1. On the source computer, export the contact data as a tab-delimited text file and then import the contact details on the target computer.
    2. Create an account on a IMAP mail server.
    3. Setting up email programs on both the source computer and the target computer to send and receive mail through the IMAP account.
    4. On the source computer, drag the files of mail message in the Inbox of the account back to IMAP server IMAP stores messages.
    5. On the destination computer, open the IMAP account, and then drag the messages into appropriate folders.

I had tried to convert an email messages for friends PC from Outlook Express for Mac Entourage. After it convinced a new iMac was the thing to buy. Of course, it could not import Entourage Mac and PC Outlook Express could not export - some terrible MAPI error ...

Then I found a solution that is almost elegant, Open Outlook Express on the PC. Select all mail in a folder. Drag it to file system folder. Sharing the Windows folder by creating networks, assemble folder on the MAC. Open environment, drag the .Eml environment panel folder. This works great !!