Thread: How to convert PAL to NTSC with VirtualDubMod

How to convert PAL to NTSC with VirtualDubMod

Hello Friends,

I had installed Windows Xp on my system. I would like to know that how can i convert PAL to NTSC with VirtualDubMod? Is it possible for me to do so? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly let me know the correct way for converting PAL to NTSC with the help of VirtualDubMod. Would be grateful if any body provides me the correct way for doing it.

Thanks.

Re: How to convert PAL to NTSC with VirtualDubMod

It is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. You might try to convert them with something like Nero Vision Express, but it is very important for you. If you want to create a video file that can be burned as an NTSC compatible disk, you need to convert the file you just created with VLC Player. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files. Also built-in capturing and video frameserving.

A commonly supported video format is 24fps at 720x480. There are several ways to go from RealMedia files like RM and RMVB to DVD. Although I normally would use AviSynth for this type of conversion I find that it is perhaps a bit unfriendly for most people. The way to get the best looking DVDs is to first convert the RMVB files to AVI and then use a DVD authoring software tool like Nero Vision or MyDVD to add the AVI file to a disk. Slowing down the 25fps video from the PAL file to 24fps gets you a viewable result without too much complex math.

You could then capture the video out using a video capture card and re-encode it into MPEG 2 before buring to DVD using something like NeroVision. The MPEG-2 encoders in any of those tools are better than what you might find in free DVD authoring software. There are several ways to go from RealMedia files like RM and RMVB to DVD. If you're simply looking for a fast solution for converting RMVB to a DVD playable on your set top DVD player, there are faster methods using a free DVD converter.

In order to convert your PAL to NTSC with VirtualDubMod, you first off need to download VirtualDubMod on your machine. After that you need to first import VirtualDubMod to .mpg, which may take several minutes. After importing the video, we need to apply a number of filters to the file in order to process the PAL to NTSC conversion correctly. From the Video menu, make sure Full processing mode is selected. Choose Filters from the Video menu and click the Add button. For interlaced content, choose the Deinterlace filter, double click it and choose the Blend fields together option. If your video is progressive content you can skip this filter.

If the source is a DVB, an mpeg 1/2 or a TV / (S)VHS / LD avi capture from a tuner card. In order if you plan to convert several PAL files to NTSC, you can also choose Save Processing Settings from the File menu to store all these settings for later. It works excellent with movies, cartoons and music videos, but seems to have issues when you convert true interlace TV material, like sport transmissions or news. After that you can choose Save As from the file menu and either pick a compressed AVI format like DivX from the list of choices or save an uncompressed AVI file. This is the file you will use to make a DVD later.