Thread: Author DVD in Linux

Author DVD in Linux

I am looking for a video editor in Linux. I have come across editors, but most of them are only like converters, which allow converting to/from DVD format. but what i need is an editor, which will allow me to edit an existing video, in other words something that will allow me re-author the DVD's. I have heard that there are applications built on native Linux, which allow this, but have not come across any. Wonder if anyone over here knows about any such application??

Re: Author DVD in Linux

I had used the dvdauthor to build a video disk., when i had to build a video based on a collection of pictures and music by creating menus. For editing an existing video file, the dvdunauthor, spuunmux can be used.

When i used the dvdunauthor, i could not exactly unauthor a disk to build a new disk on that unauthored one. I think using the dvdunauthor to extract files from the original video and then get them authored with dvdauthor should work, altough i have never tried it before. But i wonder if there is any application that will save me from such a long procedure.

I think you should try Bombono. which is a DVD authoring program for Linux. Its got a clean and clear GUI and has a lot many features in it, like an excellent MPEG viewer with a timeline and monitor, drag-n-drop support, making an ISO image or burning directly to DVD, importing video from DVD discs and overall Bombono DVD is an Open Source software and is freely distributed under GPL license. Hope this is what you needed.
    Last edited by ThoMas321; 03-11-2009 at 10:00 AM.