Thread: Graphedit problem on Windows Xp

Graphedit problem on Windows Xp

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. Recently i had converted my some of my dvd's audio to wav format with the help of graphedit. Now the problem is that when i try to listened it, i'm only able to hear the background music. So can some please tell me where i went wrong. How to resolve graphedit problem on my system? Any one knows about it? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Graphedit problem on Windows Xp

I think first of all you need to verify that your path and filename are set been correctly and then try again" message then it was sent from the file source filter after it fails to locate its source avi. The GraphEdit utility is located in the Microsoft Platform SDK\Bin directory. Before running GraphEdit, regsvr the file Proppage.dll. This DLL contains property pages for various filters, which are intended for debugging purposes only.

According to me you should try to rename your graphedit as recode.exe and then your NeroDigital filters will work. All the movies had AC3 audio channel which Iripped from the DVD using smartripper. Are you able to get perfect results from GRAPHEDIT? Maybe you shouldn't use ac3 file with "I-Media Multiple Mpeg 2 Source" but try the Filter "File Source (Async)" instead .

Intervideo Audio Encoder(which supports mp3 encoding too) works great for me. The correct chain of filters for wav should be IMedia multiple mpeg2 source -> Ligos Mpeg Splitter -> InterVideo Audio Decoder -> Wave dest -> filewriter. You can use 2 pass encoding.For me it works. But there is no way to automate things.After first pass finishes you have to change the settings and start the second pass.

DVobSub will search the filename and its path opened by the "File Source (async)" anyway, and look for the subtitles according to that. Only in the second pass I use audio encoding.well its always the best to encode the audio before starting encoding the video, cause otherwise you will not know the right bitrate for the video, which results in a 700mb (or whatever desired size) final file.