Thread: Error code 4362 in Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac

Error code 4362 in Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac

HI guys, i need some urgent help from you all guys.. I am a MAC OS X user and have installed Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac. Its working fine since long time but today when i tried to open Entourage , the system gave me an error message saying, "The action could not be completed. An unknown error (4362) occurred." and application closes itself. I don't know anything about this error could you guys please help me out of this ? Thanks in advance.

Re: Error code 4362 in Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac

This error occurs in Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac when the Entourage database file has become damaged or corrupted. There are some more errors you can get in this case like, "The Office database is damaged." or "Entourage cannot access your data, to attempt to fix the problem, rebuild database." In order to resolve this issue you need to do a database rebuild.

Rebuilding should not be considered as a substitute for an adequate backup. You are encouraged to back up critical data on a regular basis. To rebuild the Entourage database start the application holding down the Option key and when the Rebuild dialog box comes up, choose to do a Typical Rebuild. Thats it

If a Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac database is corrupted, you can repair the database by rebuilding it. When you rebuild the database, Entourage 2008 scans the original database that is stored in /Users/USER_NAME/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2008 Identities/IDENTITY_NAME.

Then it copies all the valid data blocks from the original database into a new database. This new database becomes the active identity database that Entourage uses.

Here is the step by step process to rebuild the Entourage database:-

• Exit all Office applications. This includes Entourage and Office Reminders.
    • Locate the following folder, and then copy the original Entourage database to your desktop, to an external hard disk, or to a network location:
      Code:
      HD/Users/USER_NAME/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2008 Identities/IDENTITY_NAME
    • In the Microsoft Office 2008/Office folder, double-click the Database Utility.
    • Click the identity of the database that you want to rebuild.
    • In the Database Utility dialog box, click Rebuild database, and then click Continue.
    • Follow the instructions in the dialog box.

You have problems starting Entourage, or viewing, opening, and storing items than its mandatory to rebuild the database. If Entourage detects a problem with the database, the program automatically starts the Database Utility. If you suspect that the database is damaged, check the database for damage before you try to rebuild the database.

To verify the Entourage database, follow these steps:
    Exit all Office applications. This includes Entourage and Office Reminders.
    In the Microsoft Office 2008/Office folder, double-click the Database Utility.
    Click the identity of the database that you want to check.
    In the Database Utility dialog box, click Verify database integrity, and then click Continue.
    Follow the instructions in the dialog box.