Thread: Sound stops during the presentation in PowerPoint 2008 for Mac

Sound stops during the presentation in PowerPoint 2008 for Mac

Hi, i am a Mac OS X user and have installed Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac on the same. Related to my office, i have made a PowerPoint presentation with sounds and some movies as well. Every things is good, but in the meanwhile of the presentation, the sound stops itself. What i need is to make the sound play continuously during the entire presentation in PowerPoint 2008 for Mac. Do you guys have any idea how to do that? Please let me know. I appreciate all your help..

Re: Sound stops during the presentation in PowerPoint 2008 for Mac

You can add any sounds that are located on your computer, including sound files or songs from your music library. To play a soundtrack during a presentation, you can set a sound to continue playing as you move through the slides. Here is how to do that:-

1. Add a sound to one slide.
    2. Click the sound icon on the slide.
    3. On the Formatting Palette, under Sound, on the Play pop-up menu, click Across slides.
    4. If you don't see the Formatting Palette, on the View menu, click Formatting Palette.

To play a sound continuously during a presentation in PowerPoint 2008 for Mac, follow these steps:

• Start PowerPoint 2008 for Mac, and then open the file that contains the sound that you want to play.
    • On the slide where you inserted the sound, click the sound to select it.
    • On the Slide Show menu, click Custom Animation.
    • On the Custom Animation palette, in the Animation order window, click the sound file that you inserted on the slide.
    • Click the Start drop-down menu, and then click With Previous.
    • In the Timing section, click the Repeat drop-down menu, and then click Until end of slide.
    • In the Media Options section, under Stop playing, click After, and then type the number of slides that you want to appear before the sound stops.
    • Close the Custom animation pallet.
    • Save the presentation.
    • On the Slide Show menu, click View Show, and then verify that the presentation is configured correctly.

Thats it.. You are done !!

Some sound file formats, such as MP3 and MIDI, and files that are larger than the size set in your PowerPoint Preferences, are not embedded in the presentation when you insert them. Instead, they are linked from a location on your hard disk or the Internet. To define the file sizes for linked sound files, on the PowerPoint menu, click Preferences, and then click General.