Thread: Partition tool to install windows 7

Partition tool to install windows 7

Here I have a small concern. Here I would like to install in dual boot Windows 7 and Windows Vista. I have Windows Vista installed on my machine and I wanted to create a partition for Windows 7. I have a local disc (C: ) of 141 Gb and another partition (D: ) with 7.45 Gb. thus There is 47.7 Gb remain on the first disc and that's whyy in this I wanted to create my partition for Windows 7. I thus used the tool with Vista for the partitions but there I cannot take more than 14962 Mb to create a new partition. Any idea to remove this limit because I have more than 47.7 Gb of free space and Windows 7 requires minimum 16 Gb.
    Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Re: Partition tool to install windows 7

The tool for partitioning of Vista is basic and it is not let do what you want. There is no possibility of exceeding the imposed limit. On the other hand, you can try a Cleaning of complete disc (with suppression of the points of restoration except the last one) followed by Defragmentation of your partition system in order to reorganize the space occupied on your partition. Then to start again the tool for partitioning and to see what it gives you.

But in any event, you will not gain much a place (if you gain someā€¦). And with 16 Gb, you will be able to install windows 7 .

You bought a win 7 license or you have the Release Candidate version (that put on line free by Microsoft this summer)?

If you want just to test windows, why not install it in a virtual machine? There, you do not have to partition your hard drive (just a program to be installed), you test as much as you want (you will not have Aero however) and the day when you want the uninstall, you will have to simply remove your virtual machine.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"